The Lucky Kata Hostel is located at 42 Thanon Taina ตำบล กะรน on Phuket island in Thailand. The Lucky Kata Hostel has a guest rating of 8.9 and it has Hostel amenities including: Wi-Fi, Restaurant/cafe. Average daily rate is: ฿440
Hostel name: The Lucky Kata Hostel
Location: Kata, Phuket, Thailand
Address: 42 Thanon Taina ตำบล กะรน
Av rating: 8.9
Checkin / out: Check-In 14:00 Check-Out 12:00
Staff languages: Staff speaks: English language
Basic amenities: Wi-Fi, Restaurant/cafe and Low mobility guests welcome
Average price: ฿440
Booking: To book, and to see more details of The Lucky Kata Hostel, including more photos, map location in Kata, and todays price etc, simply go to The Lucky Kata Hostel.
About The Lucky Kata Hostel
The Lucky Kata Hostel is located at 42 Thanon Taina ตำบล กะรน in Kata on Phuket island. Welcome to The Lucky Kata Hostel. a comfortabl, clea, cozy and friendly hostel in Kata beac, Phuket. The budget hostel in bunk-bed dormitories with curtain make you feel more privacy. The room has air-conditioning. The hostel also provides lockers for guests who stay in the dormitory. The shared bathroom has hot showers. The Lucky Kata Hostel offers free WiFi throughout the hostel. The common area is perfect from gathering and information. The Luck Kata Hostel is also have the on-site restaurant. ***Property Policies & Conditions: 1. Cancellation policy: At least 3 days advance notice for free cancellation. 2. Check in from 14:00 to 22:00. 3. Check out before 12:00 noon. 4. Payment upon arrival by cash and Card. But 3% service charge if you pay by card. 5. NO smoking in Roo, but have smoking area. 6. Age restriction: 8+. 7. Reception working hours 08:00-22:00.. Book now.
Kata beach, Phuket, pronounced “Ga dta”, is a scenic gem. Its clear water flanked by hills, and picturesque Pu Island sits offshore. Kata retains a village feel at its northern and southern ends and is perhaps more family-oriented, its one-kilometer long beach more peaceful than Patong.Kata beach has safe swimming and does not have any dropoffs. It is safe for children and non-swimmers. But always take notice of the flags that fly, they will let you know if it is not safe to swim.There is a coral reef on the right hand side of the beach that goes out to Poo (crab) Island. Sitting on the beach and looking right you may see local fishermen on the rocks trying to catch their supper..
About Phuket, Thailand
State: Phuket in Thailand
Phuket’s Capital: Phuket City
Airport Name: Phuket International Airport
Airport Code: HKT
Location: Phuket is located at longitude 98° 18′ 45? and latitude 08° 06′ 38?, 82 feet above sea level and is located 32 km northwest of the city centre, in the north of Phuket.
Local time: GMT+7
More Kata Accommodations
- Kata Bai D - Kata Bai D is located at 134 Coke Tanod, Muang, Phuket in Kata on Phuket in Thailand. Amenities include: Laundry service, Wi-Fi and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,998.
- The Galleri by Katathani - The Galleri by Katathani is located at 218/9 Kata - Saiyuan Road, Kata Beach, Karon, Muang, Phuket in Kata on Phuket island. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿5,081.
- Aspasia By Resava Group - Aspasia By Resava Group is located at 1/3 Laem Sai Road, Kata Beach, Karon, Kata Yai Beach in Kata on the island of Phuket. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿2,960.
- The Mantra Hotel Kata Noi - The Mantra Hotel Kata Noi is located at 3/71 Kata noi Road and 209 Khok Tanod Road, Phuket in Kata on Phuket island, Thailand. Amenities include: Laundry service, Concierge service and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿3,802.
- SP House Phuket - SP House Phuket is located at 27 Karon Rd, Karon,Muang in Kata on Phuket island in Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Restaurant/cafe and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,199.
- Nonnee - Nonnee is located at 18/41 Khoktanod Rd., Karon, Muang Phuket in Kata on Phuket island. Amenities include: Parking, Restaurant/cafe and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,440.
- Wabi-Sabi Layalina X’Clusive Beachfront Boutique Resort Phuket - Wabi-Sabi Layalina X'Clusive Beachfront Boutique Resort Phuket is located at 75-75/1 Beach Road, Kathu, Phuket in Kata on Phuket island. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English, French, Deutsch, Arabic, Chinese, Russian language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿7,909.
- The Chava Resort - The Chava Resort is located at 113 Moo 3, Cherngtalay, Thalang, Phuket in Kata on Phuket island in Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿15,666.
- Thavorn Beach Village Resort & Spa Phuket - Thavorn Beach Village Resort & Spa Phuket is located at 6/2 Moo6, Nakalay Bay, Kathu, Phuket in Kata on Phuket island in Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English, French language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿2,593.
- Korsiri Villas - Korsiri Villas is located at 39/32 Moo 6, Panwa Beach, T. Vichit, A. Muang in Kata on Phuket in Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿6,957.
Search for Phuket, Thailand accommodations
If you are looking for alternative Hotels or accommodations to the The Lucky Kata Hostel then you can find all Phuket island locations and types below. We offer the lowest rates for all sorts of Phuket island Hotels, Villas, Guesthouses, Apartments and Resorts, with live room availability, immediate confirmed bookings and the lowest rates. Search by location and type, all with a quick and easy booking process
Search by location
Phuket in Thailand accommodation search engine
To search for Phuket, Thailand accommodations simply start typing the location name (Patong, Kata etc), or the type of accommodation (Resort, Hotel etc). As soon as you start typing the results will appear.
Kata & Phuket FAQ
What is the weather like in Kata and Phuket island, Thailand?
The weather on Phuket island in Thailand is warm all year round. However, the weather is generally most pleasant from late December to March, or even May, when there are clear skies and sunshine. The “hot season” is from April to May, when temperatures reach their highest. The main “rainy season”, or monsoon season, is between May / June and November, or even as late as December over the last decade or so.
What'ss the best street food by the The Lucky Kata Hostel, or around Kata?
There is so many, but for me that's easy. Around the The Lucky Kata Hostel, like anywhere around Kata or Phuket, there will be little grilled chicken (Kai Yang) street stalls. The chicken is often eaten with sticky rice (Khao Niaow) and sweet chilli sauce. Yum!. Try it for breakfat. Real goooooood 🙂
Can a foreigner purchase properties in Kata, or Phuket island, Thailand?
The short answer is yes. Generally, the key requirements for buying properties or Real Estate around Kata on Phuket island in Thailand are the following: A) A deposit of 10% to 20% of total price to be paid on the 'Promise of Sale' (before signing the final contract). B) A foreign buyer has two options: either a 30-year leasehold or purchasing the property through a limited company. Kata Apartments can be purchased by foreigners as long as at least 51% of the building is owned by Thais. C) Stamp duty is normally 0.50% of the total price. D) Registration fee between 2% and 2.5% of total Kata property price plus agent fee. It is also important to know that if you are a non-Thai citizen, you may be subject to specific regulations and in certain instances be required to hold a specific permit enabling you to acquire Kata or Phuket island, Thailand property. This does not apply to properties situated within special designated areas, such as developments on Phuket. We offer complimentary pickup from the The Lucky Kata Hostel, and concultation, so drop us an email.
Is it OK to drink water from the tap in The Lucky Kata Hostel, or around Kata on Phuket island, Thailand?
Personally I do NOT drink water from the tap on Phuket, Thailand, but they say you can? I suggest that you buy 6 pack bottled water from any local Kata mini market around the The Lucky Kata Hostel for drinking. The cheap clear, none branded, bottles, to me, are the best. I do though, as with other expats and locals around Kata, brush my teeth with tap water, and use it for making tea / coffee etc, but only after boiling a few times. If you are unsure when you arrive to the The Lucky Kata Hostel, stick to the bottled water.
Where is the best locations to watch the sunset on Phuket island in Thailand?
In my view the beach. Around the The Lucky Kata Hostel is OK but the best places are: Promthep Cape (Laem Promthep), Big Buddha or Kata Rocks. Anywhere around the west / south side of Phuket island in Thailand.
How much is a print of beer or larger in around the The Lucky Kata Hostel or Kata?
The beer or larger prices around The Lucky Kata Hostel or Kata on Phuket island is: Domestic Beer (0.5 liter draught) is around 70 / 90.00฿ while Imported Beer (0.33 liter bottle) will be around 100.00 ฿. Nightclubs, and higher end venues can be a lot more and supermarkets / mini markets will be a bit cheaper. Check out the 'Happy Hour' signs as you walk or drive by. Most bars will have them. I have known people on Phuket in Thailand island who only track these events and save a load of money. Everyone to his/her/their own right 🙂
When is the cheapest time to fly to Phuket island, Thailand?
If you have booked the The Lucky Kata Hostel try and book your flight to Phuket island, Thailand at least 3 months in advance to find the cheapest flight deals. Saying this, check out our delas from Phuket below.
Can I pay for my flight to Phuket in a differant currency on your flight booking system?
When booking your flight to Kata on Phuket our flight search module on our flights page, and all cheap flights from the module below, are in EURO (€) or $. To change the currency simply go to the flight booking page and once you are on our flight offer pages you can change the currency by using the top-right scroll-down menu. Use the same system for changing the language.
What is the best days to fly to Phuket in Thailand?
Try and book your 1st nights stay at the The Lucky Kata Hostel for a week day. You'll find low-cost flight tickets to Phuket airport in Thailand on weekdays, and therefore avoid weekend flight surcharges.
Are flight prices higher on Kata / Phuket, Thailand national holidays?
Bottom line is 'Yes'. This goes for national holidays in your own Country also. Try avoid flying in heavy traffic holidays by travelling from / to Kata or Phuket before or after any major holidays.
Is there a smoking lounge at Phuket International Airport?
Bottom line is yes. Once you leave the The Lucky Kata Hostel to go to Phuket International Airport simply go to the departure lounge, after immigration, and its by a small coffee shop. Be warned. The smoking room is very small and even before you lite up it feels like you have already had 5 cigs 🙂 VAPERS BE AWARE! Vaping (e-cigarettes) is still banded in Thailand 'so say' due to health issues, but in reality for import tax issues. 'On the spot' fines, or threats of jail time by local police. IF you do vape, and do get stopped and fined, ask for a police report. That should be fun? Bottom line is to 'just buy cigs' for your holiday. Saves on the flaff. TIT.
Is there WIFI Internet at Phuket island airport?
Yes. You can get free Wi-Fi at Phuket island airport' by connecting to the airports access point. Simply log-in to the airport website, which pops up on your mobile/tablet browser once you arrive. As far as I know, or remember, there is also walled computers to use in the departure area also.
More Kata and Phuket island services we offer
Buy cut-priced flights to Phuket island in Thailand: Booked the The Lucky Kata Hostel and need a flight? If your looking for bargain priced flight deals to Phuket island simply use our very own search and compare Phuket in Thailand low-cost flight deals booking system. Simple and easy!
Besides offering bargain priced flight tickets to Phuket island airport in Thailand we also offer Thai residence, tourists and expats, who live on Phuket, to search for bargain priced flights from Phuket airport (HKT) in Thailand every day! 🙂
Personal Kata, Phuket island Property Tours: If you are looking to buy a Kata holiday home, such as one of our Kata Studio apartments for sale, or you are simply searching for cheap Phuket island, Thailand Apartments for sale as a investment then we will make it all very easy for you. We offer a quick ‘Search & Find’ Kata property search system where you can simply send us a quick email before you arrive and we will find the property, and the best price for you. Simply fill in the form and contact us by following one of the above links before you arrive. Altervativly, once you are on the island simply pop into the ‘Bangtao Beach Bar & Cafe’ for a chat 🙂