Grand Orchid Inn is located at 78/17-18 Soi Dr Wattana, Taweewong Road ( Beach Road ), Kathu, Phuket on Phuket island in Thailand. Grand Orchid Inn has a guest rating of 8.2 and it has Hotel amenities including: Laundry service, Spa. Average daily rate is: ฿689
Hotel name: Grand Orchid Inn
Location: Patong, Phuket island
Address: 78/17-18 Soi Dr Wattana, Taweewong Road ( Beach Road ), Kathu, Phuket
Av rating: 8.2
Checkin / out: Check-In 14:00 Check-Out 12:00
Staff languages: Staff speaks: Russian, English, Italian, French, Spanish language
Basic amenities: Laundry service, Spa and Business centre
Average price: ฿689
Booking: To book, and to see more details of Grand Orchid Inn, including more photos, map location in Patong, and todays price etc, simply go to Grand Orchid Inn.
About Grand Orchid Inn
Grand Orchid Inn is located at 78/17-18 Soi Dr Wattan, Taweewong Road ( Beach Road , Kath, Phuket in Patong on Phuket island. With a stay at The Grand Orchid Inn in Paton, you’ll be in the entertainment distric, a 2-minute walk from Patong Beach and 11 minutes by foot from Bangla Road. This luxury hotel is 0.5 mi (0.9 km) from Jungceylon Shopping Center and 2.8 mi (4.5 km) from Karon Beach.Rooms Make yourself at home in one of the 19 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and flat-screen televisions. Your bed comes with down comforters and Frette Italian sheets. Cable programming and DVD players are provided for your entertainmen, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers.Amenities Make use of convenient amenities such as complimentary wireless Internet acces, concierge service, and shopping on site. Getting to nearby attractions is a breeze with the area shuttle (surcharge).Dining Grab a bite to eat at one of the hotel’s many dining establishment, which include 10 restaurants and a coffee shop/café. Unwind at the end of the day with a drink at the bar/lounge or the beach bar. Breakfast is available for a fee.Busines, Other Amenities Featured amenities include a computer statio, dry cleaning/laundry service, and a 24-hour front desk. A roundtrip airport shuttle is available for a surcharge.. Book now.
Patong beach, Phuket, back in the 80’s, was a sleepy Thai fishing village. Bangla Road (the strip) was a semi paved, barely two lane piece of road that ran from the beach to the intersection. Beer was around 25 or 30 baht also and Thai fishing boats still anchored by the score very close to the beach at night. How things have changed!Today Patong Beach is one of the most famous destinations in the world and better known for its nightlife and the 3.5 kilometers (2.2 mi) beach that runs the entire length of Patong’s road side.Nightlife is centered in two main areas, ‘Bangla Road’ but there are hundreds of bars, cafes and restaurants around Patong waiting for you to walk in. The good thing about Patong is that it now offers great shopping, eateries and numerous high rated Restaurants and cafes to suite..
About Phuket island, Thailand
State: Phuket, Thailand
Phuket’s Capital: Phuket City
Airport Name: Phuket island airport
Airport Code: HKT
Location: Phuket is located at longitude 98° 18′ 45? and latitude 08° 06′ 38?, 82 feet above sea level and is located 32 km northwest of the city centre, in the north of Phuket island.
Local time: GMT+7
More Patong Accommodations
- Woovo Phuket Patong - Woovo Phuket Patong is located at 27 Rajpathanuson rd., Patong Sub-district, Kathu District, Phuket in Patong on Phuket in Thailand. Amenities include: Low mobility guests welcome, Restaurant/cafe and the Staff speaks: Russian, English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿19,114.
- The ASHLEE Heights Patong Hotel & Suites - The ASHLEE Heights Patong Hotel & Suites is located at 160/36 Soi Nanai Ruamjai (Nanai Soi 8),Phangmuang Sai Kor Road, Phuket in Patong on Phuket island. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Restaurant/cafe and the Staff speaks: Russian, English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿865.
- Calypso Patong Hotel - Calypso Patong Hotel is located at 209/1-2 Nanai Road, Patong beach, Kathu, in Patong on Phuket island in Thailand. Amenities include: Gym, Laundry service and the Staff speaks: French, English, Arabic, Italian language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿997.
- 7 Sky Residency - 7 Sky Residency is located at 85/4-5 Phangmuaeng Sai-Kos Rd. Patong, Krathu, Phuket 83150, in Patong on Phuket island in Thailand. Amenities include: Laundry service, Parking and the Staff speaks: Russian, English, Arabic language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿450.
- Peach Hill Hotel & Resort - Peach Hill Hotel & Resort is located at 2 Leam Sai Road, T.Karon, A. Muang in Patong on Phuket, Thailand. Amenities include: Concierge service, Spa and the Staff speaks: Russian, English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿3,682.
- P.S. Hotel - P.S. Hotel is located at 157, Rat U-Thit Road, Kathu, Phuket in Patong on Phuket in Thailand. Amenities include: Laundry service, Business centre and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿632.
- Paradise Beach Backpackers Hostel - Paradise Beach Backpackers Hostel is located at 109 MUEAN-NGERN Rd., T. PATONG KATHU PHUKET 83150 THAILAND in Patong on Phuket in Thailand. Amenities include: Bar, Restaurant/cafe and the Staff speaks: French, English, Italian language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿779.
- Harrys Steakhouse & Beach Hotel - Harrys Steakhouse & Beach Hotel is located at 110/2 Soi Patong Tower, Thaweewong RD Patong Beach in Patong on Phuket island in Thailand. Amenities include: Bar, Restaurant/cafe and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿941.
- The Lantern Resorts Patong - The Lantern Resorts Patong is located at 181/36-41 Soi San Sabai, Raj-U-Thiti 200 Pee Road, Patong, Phuket in Patong on Phuket island. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,220.
- Zenseana Resort & Spa - Zenseana Resort & Spa is located at 147 Prabaramee Road, Patong, Kathu in Patong on Phuket island. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿2,784.
Search for Phuket in Thailand accommodations
If you are looking for alternative Hotels or accommodations to the Grand Orchid Inn then you can find all Phuket island locations and types below. We offer the lowest rates for all sorts of Phuket, Thailand Hotels, Villas, Guesthouses, Apartments and Resorts, with live room availability, immediate confirmed bookings and the lowest rates. Search by location and type, all with a quick and easy booking process
Search by location
Phuket island accommodation search engine
To search for Phuket island, Thailand accommodations simply start typing the location name (Patong, Kata etc), or the type of accommodation (Resort, Hotel etc). As soon as you start typing the results will appear.
Patong & Phuket FAQ
What is the weather like in Patong and Phuket island in Thailand?
The weather on Phuket is warm all year round. However, the weather is generally most pleasant from late December to March, or even May, when there are clear skies and sunshine. The “hot season” is from April to May, when temperatures reach their highest. The main “rainy season”, or monsoon season, is between May / June and November, or even as late as December over the last decade or so.
What'ss the best street food by the Grand Orchid Inn, or around Patong?
There is so many, but for me that's easy. Around the Grand Orchid Inn, like anywhere around Patong or Phuket, there will be little grilled chicken (Kai Yang) street stalls. The chicken is often eaten with sticky rice (Khao Niaow) and sweet chilli sauce. Yum!. Try it for breakfat. Real goooooood 🙂
Can a foreigner purchase properties in Patong, or Phuket?
The short answer is yes. Generally, the key requirements for buying properties or Real Estate around Patong on Phuket are the following: A) A deposit of 10% to 20% of total price to be paid on the 'Promise of Sale' (before signing the final contract). B) A foreign buyer has two options: either a 30-year leasehold or purchasing the property through a limited company. Patong Apartments can be purchased by foreigners as long as at least 51% of the building is owned by Thais. C) Stamp duty is normally 0.50% of the total price. D) Registration fee between 2% and 2.5% of total Patong property price plus agent fee. It is also important to know that if you are a non-Thai citizen, you may be subject to specific regulations and in certain instances be required to hold a specific permit enabling you to acquire Patong or Phuket island property. This does not apply to properties situated within special designated areas, such as developments on Phuket, Thailand. We offer complimentary pickup from the Grand Orchid Inn, and concultation, so drop us an email.
Is it OK to drink water from the tap in Grand Orchid Inn, or around Patong on Phuket?
Personally I do NOT drink water from the tap on Phuket island, Thailand, but they say you can? I suggest that you buy 6 pack bottled water from any local Patong mini market around the Grand Orchid Inn for drinking. The cheap clear, none branded, bottles, to me, are the best. I do though, as with other expats and locals around Patong, brush my teeth with tap water, and use it for making tea / coffee etc, but only after boiling a few times. If you are unsure when you arrive to the Grand Orchid Inn, stick to the bottled water.
Where is the best locations to watch the sunset on Phuket?
In my view the beach. Around the Grand Orchid Inn is OK but the best places are: Promthep Cape (Laem Promthep), Big Buddha or Kata Rocks. Anywhere around the west / south side of Phuket.
How much is a print of beer or larger in around the Grand Orchid Inn or Patong?
The beer or larger prices around Grand Orchid Inn or Patong on Phuket, Thailand is: Domestic Beer (0.5 liter draught) is around 70 / 90.00฿ while Imported Beer (0.33 liter bottle) will be around 100.00 ฿. Nightclubs, and higher end venues can be a lot more and supermarkets / mini markets will be a bit cheaper. Check out the 'Happy Hour' signs as you walk or drive by. Most bars will have them. I have known people on Phuket, Thailand island who only track these events and save a load of money. Everyone to his/her/their own right 🙂
When is the cheapest time to fly to Phuket island in Thailand?
If you have booked the Grand Orchid Inn try and book your flight to Phuket island in Thailand at least 3 months in advance to find the cheapest flight deals. Saying this, check out our delas from Phuket, Thailand below.
Can I pay for my flight to Phuket island, Thailand in a differant currency on your flight booking system?
When booking your flight to Patong on Phuket in Thailand our flight search module on our flights page, and all cheap flights from the module below, are in EURO (€) or $. To change the currency simply go to the flight booking page and once you are on our flight offer pages you can change the currency by using the top-right scroll-down menu. Use the same system for changing the language.
What is the best days to fly to Phuket?
Try and book your 1st nights stay at the Grand Orchid Inn for a week day. You'll find budget priced flights to Phuket island airport (HKT) on weekdays, and therefore avoid weekend flight surcharges.
Are flight prices higher on Patong / Phuket in Thailand national holidays?
Bottom line is 'Yes'. This goes for national holidays in your own Country also. Try avoid flying in heavy traffic holidays by travelling from / to Patong or Phuket island before or after any major holidays.
Is there a smoking lounge at Phuket airport (HKT)?
Bottom line is yes. Once you leave the Grand Orchid Inn to go to Phuket airport (HKT) simply go to the departure lounge, after immigration, and its by a small coffee shop. Be warned. The smoking room is very small and even before you lite up it feels like you have already had 5 cigs 🙂 VAPERS BE AWARE! Vaping (e-cigarettes) is still banded in Thailand 'so say' due to health issues, but in reality for import tax issues. 'On the spot' fines, or threats of jail time by local police. IF you do vape, and do get stopped and fined, ask for a police report. That should be fun? Bottom line is to 'just buy cigs' for your holiday. Saves on the flaff. TIT.
Is there WIFI Internet at Phuket island airport in Thailand?
Yes. You can get free Wi-Fi at Phuket island airport (HKT)' by connecting to the airports access point. Simply log-in to the airport website, which pops up on your mobile/tablet browser once you arrive. As far as I know, or remember, there is also walled computers to use in the departure area also.
More Patong and Phuket island, Thailand services we offer
Buy bargain priced flight tickets to the island of Phuket: Booked the Grand Orchid Inn and need a flight? If your looking for budget priced flight deals to Phuket island, Thailand simply use our very own search and compare Phuket, Thailand low-cost flight deals booking system. Simple and easy!
Besides offering budget priced flight deals to Phuket island airport in Thailand we also offer Thai residence, tourists and expats, who live on Phuket, to search for budget priced flight tickets from Phuket island airport every day! 🙂
Personal Patong, Phuket, Thailand Property Tours: If you are looking to buy a Patong holiday home, such as one of our Patong flats for sale, or you are simply searching for cheap Phuket island, Thailand homes for sale as a investment then we will make it all very easy for you. We offer a quick ‘Search & Find’ Patong property search system where you can simply send us a quick email before you arrive and we will find the property, and the best price for you. Simply fill in the form and contact us by following one of the above links before you arrive. Altervativly, once you are on the island simply pop into the ‘Bangtao Beach Bar & Cafe’ for a chat 🙂