Sonya Residence is located at 80/11,Soi Dr.wattana,Taweewong Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket on Phuket in Thailand. Sonya Residence has a guest rating of 8.7 and it has Hotel amenities including: Laundry service, Wi-Fi. Average daily rate is: ฿1,199
Hotel name: Sonya Residence
Location: Patong, Phuket island, Thailand
Address: 80/11,Soi Dr.wattana,Taweewong Road, Patong, Kathu, Phuket
Av rating: 8.7
Checkin / out: Check-In 14:00 Check-Out 12:00
Staff languages: Staff speaks: English language
Basic amenities: Laundry service, Wi-Fi and Restaurant/cafe
Average price: ฿1,199
Booking: To book, and to see more details of Sonya Residence, including more photos, map location in Patong, and todays price etc, simply go to Sonya Residence.
About Sonya Residence
Sonya Residence is located at 80/1,Soi Dr.wattan,Taweewong Roa, Paton, Kath, Phuket in Patong on Phuket island. With a stay at Sonya Residence in Paton, you’ll be just steps from Patong Beach and 9 minutes by foot from Bangla Road. This hotel is 1.6 mi (2.6 km) from Jungceylon Shopping Center and 4.6 mi (7.4 km) from Karon Beach.Rooms Make yourself at home in one of the 10 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and flat-screen televisions. Rooms have private balconies. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connecte, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers.Amenities Make use of convenient amenitie, which include complimentary wireless Internet access and tour/ticket assistance.Busines, Other Amenities The front desk is staffed during limited hours.. Book now.
Patong beach, Phuket, back in the 80’s, was a sleepy Thai fishing village. Bangla Road (the strip) was a semi paved, barely two lane piece of road that ran from the beach to the intersection. Beer was around 25 or 30 baht also and Thai fishing boats still anchored by the score very close to the beach at night. How things have changed!Today Patong Beach is one of the most famous destinations in the world and better known for its nightlife and the 3.5 kilometers (2.2 mi) beach that runs the entire length of Patong’s road side.Nightlife is centered in two main areas, ‘Bangla Road’ but there are hundreds of bars, cafes and restaurants around Patong waiting for you to walk in. The good thing about Patong is that it now offers great shopping, eateries and numerous high rated Restaurants and cafes to suite..
About Phuket island
Phuket’s Capital: Phuket City
Airport Name: Phuket airport
Airport Code: HKT
Location: Phuket is located at longitude 98° 18′ 45? and latitude 08° 06′ 38?, 82 feet above sea level and is located 32 km northwest of the city centre, in the north of Phuket, Thailand.
Local time: GMT+7
More Patong Accommodations
- Deva Suites Patong - Deva Suites Patong is located at 188/13-15 Soi Kor Rd. Patong, Phuket in Patong on Phuket island in Thailand. Amenities include: Laundry service, Spa and the Staff speaks: English, French language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿8,161.
- Prince Edouard Apartments & Resort - Prince Edouard Apartments & Resort is located at 32,34,36 Soi Prabarami 3, Prabarami Rd. Patong Beach in Patong on Phuket island, Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: French, English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,888.
- Araya Beach Hotel Patong - Araya Beach Hotel Patong is located at 162-162/1-2 Taweewong Rd., Patong Beach, Kathu, Phuket, 83150 in Patong on the island of Phuket. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: Russian, English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,732.
- Orchid Hotel and Spa Kalim Bay - Orchid Hotel and Spa Kalim Bay is located at 320 Soi.7(Prabaramee), Ban Kalim,Patong Beach, Kathu, Phuket, Thailand in Patong on Phuket island. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿886.
- Patong Princess - Patong Princess is located at 34/106 Prachanukhroa Road in Patong on Phuket in Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: Italian, English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿555.
- Paripas Express Patong - Paripas Express Patong is located at 15 Nanai Road, T.Patong, Phuket in Patong on the island of Phuket. Amenities include: Wi-Fi, 24 hour Front Desk Service and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,398.
- Patong Heritage - Patong Heritage is located at 205/16 Rath Uthit 200 Pee Road, in Patong on Phuket in Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿1,409.
- Patong Mansion - Patong Mansion is located at 29/1 Soi Prasertsub 1 Road Ratchapathanuson, Kathu, Phuket in Patong on Phuket island, Thailand. Amenities include: Swimming Pool, Spa and the Staff speaks: French, English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿788.
- Patong Heights - Patong Heights is located at 9/2 Muean Ngen Road, Patong Beach 2/9 in Patong on Phuket in Thailand. Amenities include: Bar, Wi-Fi and the Staff speaks: English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿3,306.
- Woovo Phuket Patong - Woovo Phuket Patong is located at 27 Rajpathanuson rd., Patong Sub-district, Kathu District, Phuket in Patong on Phuket in Thailand. Amenities include: Low mobility guests welcome, Restaurant/cafe and the Staff speaks: Russian, English language. Av daily rate (Low/mid season): ฿19,114.
Search for Phuket island accommodations
If you are looking for alternative Hotels or accommodations to the Sonya Residence then you can find all Phuket in Thailand locations and types below. We offer the lowest rates for all sorts of Phuket in Thailand Hotels, Villas, Guesthouses, Apartments and Resorts, with live room availability, immediate confirmed bookings and the lowest rates. Search by location and type, all with a quick and easy booking process
Search by location
Phuket island in Thailand accommodation search engine
To search for Phuket island in Thailand accommodations simply start typing the location name (Patong, Kata etc), or the type of accommodation (Resort, Hotel etc). As soon as you start typing the results will appear.
Patong & Phuket FAQ
What is the weather like in Patong and Phuket, Thailand?
The weather on Phuket island, Thailand is warm all year round. However, the weather is generally most pleasant from late December to March, or even May, when there are clear skies and sunshine. The “hot season” is from April to May, when temperatures reach their highest. The main “rainy season”, or monsoon season, is between May / June and November, or even as late as December over the last decade or so.
What'ss the best street food by the Sonya Residence, or around Patong?
There is so many, but for me that's easy. Around the Sonya Residence, like anywhere around Patong or Phuket in Thailand, there will be little grilled chicken (Kai Yang) street stalls. The chicken is often eaten with sticky rice (Khao Niaow) and sweet chilli sauce. Yum!. Try it for breakfat. Real goooooood 🙂
Can a foreigner purchase properties in Patong, or Phuket?
The short answer is yes. Generally, the key requirements for buying properties or Real Estate around Patong on Phuket island are the following: A) A deposit of 10% to 20% of total price to be paid on the 'Promise of Sale' (before signing the final contract). B) A foreign buyer has two options: either a 30-year leasehold or purchasing the property through a limited company. Patong Apartments can be purchased by foreigners as long as at least 51% of the building is owned by Thais. C) Stamp duty is normally 0.50% of the total price. D) Registration fee between 2% and 2.5% of total Patong property price plus agent fee. It is also important to know that if you are a non-Thai citizen, you may be subject to specific regulations and in certain instances be required to hold a specific permit enabling you to acquire Patong or Phuket island, Thailand property. This does not apply to properties situated within special designated areas, such as developments on Phuket island in Thailand. We offer complimentary pickup from the Sonya Residence, and concultation, so drop us an email.
Is it OK to drink water from the tap in Sonya Residence, or around Patong on Phuket in Thailand?
Personally I do NOT drink water from the tap on Phuket island, but they say you can? I suggest that you buy 6 pack bottled water from any local Patong mini market around the Sonya Residence for drinking. The cheap clear, none branded, bottles, to me, are the best. I do though, as with other expats and locals around Patong, brush my teeth with tap water, and use it for making tea / coffee etc, but only after boiling a few times. If you are unsure when you arrive to the Sonya Residence, stick to the bottled water.
Where is the best locations to watch the sunset on Phuket island, Thailand?
In my view the beach. Around the Sonya Residence is OK but the best places are: Promthep Cape (Laem Promthep), Big Buddha or Kata Rocks. Anywhere around the west / south side of Phuket island.
How much is a print of beer or larger in around the Sonya Residence or Patong?
The beer or larger prices around Sonya Residence or Patong on Phuket in Thailand is: Domestic Beer (0.5 liter draught) is around 70 / 90.00฿ while Imported Beer (0.33 liter bottle) will be around 100.00 ฿. Nightclubs, and higher end venues can be a lot more and supermarkets / mini markets will be a bit cheaper. Check out the 'Happy Hour' signs as you walk or drive by. Most bars will have them. I have known people on Phuket in Thailand island who only track these events and save a load of money. Everyone to his/her/their own right 🙂
When is the cheapest time to fly to Phuket island, Thailand?
If you have booked the Sonya Residence try and book your flight to Phuket island in Thailand at least 3 months in advance to find the cheapest flight deals. Saying this, check out our delas from Phuket, Thailand below.
Can I pay for my flight to Phuket island, Thailand in a differant currency on your flight booking system?
When booking your flight to Patong on Phuket island our flight search module on our flights page, and all cheap flights from the module below, are in EURO (€) or $. To change the currency simply go to the flight booking page and once you are on our flight offer pages you can change the currency by using the top-right scroll-down menu. Use the same system for changing the language.
What is the best days to fly to Phuket?
Try and book your 1st nights stay at the Sonya Residence for a week day. You'll find low-cost flight tickets to Phuket island airport on weekdays, and therefore avoid weekend flight surcharges.
Are flight prices higher on Patong / Phuket, Thailand national holidays?
Bottom line is 'Yes'. This goes for national holidays in your own Country also. Try avoid flying in heavy traffic holidays by travelling from / to Patong or Phuket island before or after any major holidays.
Is there a smoking lounge at Phuket island airport (HKT) in Thailand?
Bottom line is yes. Once you leave the Sonya Residence to go to Phuket airport simply go to the departure lounge, after immigration, and its by a small coffee shop. Be warned. The smoking room is very small and even before you lite up it feels like you have already had 5 cigs 🙂 VAPERS BE AWARE! Vaping (e-cigarettes) is still banded in Thailand 'so say' due to health issues, but in reality for import tax issues. 'On the spot' fines, or threats of jail time by local police. IF you do vape, and do get stopped and fined, ask for a police report. That should be fun? Bottom line is to 'just buy cigs' for your holiday. Saves on the flaff. TIT.
Is there WIFI Internet at Phuket island airport?
Yes. You can get free Wi-Fi at Phuket island airport (HKT)' by connecting to the airports access point. Simply log-in to the airport website, which pops up on your mobile/tablet browser once you arrive. As far as I know, or remember, there is also walled computers to use in the departure area also.
More Patong and Phuket, Thailand services we offer
Buy low-priced flight deals to Phuket island in Thailand: Booked the Sonya Residence and need a flight? If your looking for budget priced flight tickets to Phuket island in Thailand simply use our very own search and compare Phuket island bargain priced flights booking system. Simple and easy!
Besides offering cut-priced flight tickets to Phuket International Airport in Thailand we also offer Thai residence, tourists and expats, who live on Phuket, to search for low-priced flight deals from Phuket airport in Thailand every day! 🙂
Personal Patong, Phuket, Thailand Property Tours: If you are looking to buy a Patong holiday home, such as one of our Patong Condos for sale, or you are simply searching for cheap Phuket island, Thailand Villas for sale as a investment then we will make it all very easy for you. We offer a quick ‘Search & Find’ Patong property search system where you can simply send us a quick email before you arrive and we will find the property, and the best price for you. Simply fill in the form and contact us by following one of the above links before you arrive. Altervativly, once you are on the island simply pop into the ‘Bangtao Beach Bar & Cafe’ for a chat 🙂